La Sagesse Rehabilitation & Development Center
La Sagesse welcomes children with developmental disabilities. Each child is evaluated and a personal program is created to help them reach their fullest potential. They receive life skills training, occupational therapy and much more.
TO LEARN MORE PLEASE SEE BELOW
Living with a disabled child can have profound effects on a family living in poverty. La Sagesse Center helps to fill this void. It is a day care and developmental center that provides services for nearly 100 children suffering from autism, cerebral palsy, down syndrome and other disabilities.
The Center is run by the Daughters of Wisdom and is recognized by the Filipino Department of Education as a special needs school. The children learn to accomplish daily tasks such as personal hygiene, cooking and doing their own laundry.
The more integrated they become at home, the more they are accepted and loved by their families. Many of the children are able to complete enough life skills training classes to become self-sufficient within three to four years.
Children helping other children and their community
Children in the vocational cooking program demonstrated their accomplishments by cooking lunch for a nearby orphanage. Every September students from La Sagesse also take part in a community service program. Learning to give back builds self-esteem and confidence.
Life skills training improves their quality of
Pasig City in metropolitan Manila struggles from crime and overpopulation. One in four are homeless.
FAMILIES FIND SUPPORT FOR THEIR CHILDREN
The Center provides a variety of classes and ensures that each student receives personalized training to become more self-sufficient. A social worker and counselor assess each child’s needs.
- Early intervention promotes growth and development.
- Arts and crafts encourage them to express their feelings.
- English, math and computer classes are available for students with higher learning capabilities.
- Job placement helps students that master simple skills.
YOUR SUPPORT CAN CHANGE A CHILD'S LIFE FOREVER
Children with disabilities will miss out on opportunities unless we help.
- $1,400 per month pays for one occupational therapist
- $200 per month pays for medicine and medical emergencies
Children too poor to bring their own lunch are given a hot meal each day.
- $500 per month ensures that these children receive a nutritious lunch
- $300 per month covers the cost of the cafeteria staff
- $35 per month provides a hot meal for one child each day
A one-time donation of $575 is needed to buy an oven
Parents volunteer in classrooms to offset costs and they also learn how to deal with challenges at home.
- $500 per month covers the cost of books and school supplies
- $400 per month provides craft supplies
- $100 per month sponsors one child’s tuition
Help children learn what they can accomplish, not what they can't
100% of your donation goes directly to the fully vetted and tax deductible project of your choice. Our founding corporate partner Discount Waste, Inc. funds all the operational expenses for All Children, Inc.