Queen of Peace
Naga City, Philippines
Queen of Peace Children’s Home began in 1997 as a halfway house in a small apartment for a few children who were cast away by their families because they were disabled. Today the Franciscan Sisters of the Poor serve nearly 70 children in their orphanage, day care and preschool.
TO LEARN MORE PLEASE SEE BELOW
The Compassionate Franciscan Sisters of the Poor felt a call to help disabled children who were forsaken by their families and left to fend for themselves. They fed the discarded children and tended to their medical needs until they could place them in a stable home.
The number of abandoned children needing help continued to grow and in 2005 the Sisters established Queen of Peace Children’s Home. Today the center is an orphanage for 50 children as well as a day care and preschool.
In 2018 they completed a new multipurpose center with larger classrooms and a modern learning environment for the day care and preschool. In addition to the orphans, 18 children from the surrounding community attend the day care and preschool where they also receive a snack and nutritious meal each day. This enables both parents to work. With both of the parents working, they can now earn enough money to put food on their table each day and their family is able to stay together.
This is your moment to ignite
Located 230 miles south of Manila, 25% percent of Naga City’s population live below the poverty threshold and nearly 10% live in makeshift housing without access to clean water.
SHELTER, SAFETY AND SECURITY MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE
The Sisters offer a loving home and a sense of security to orphans from three weeks old to 17 years old. With the help of the staff and volunteers these children receive:
- Three nutritious meals each day
- Medical and dental care
- An educational foundation
The orphans six years old and under attend Queen of Peace day care or preschool where they grow and learn essential abilities to prepare them for primary and secondary school.
The older children at the orphanage are provided with school supplies, uniforms and transportation to attend public schools. They also serve as mentors to the younger children.
The Sisters legacy of compassion extends into the community and they provide:
- Each day 18 children from the surrounding community also attend Queen of Peace day care or preschool
- Intervention programs with families in the surrounding neighborhood
- Workshops for parenting skills and nutritional education
THEY NEED OUR HELP TO CARE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NO FUTURE WITHOUT US
Children living in unsanitary conditions with poor nutrition fall victim to infections and diseases. The children receive physicals, medical care and dental checkups.
- $1,360 per month provides the children with medical and dental care
- $200 per month takes care of 10 children’s health
- $20 per month pays for the medical care of one child
No child should have to wake up everyday to weakness, fatigue and pain.
- $2,800 per month provides nutritious meals to all the children in Queen of Peace orphanage, day care and preschool
- $2,250 per month feeds just the orphans three healthy meals each day
- $550 per month feeds two meals a day five days a week to the 18 children from the surrounding community
Children unable to read or write will find it very difficult to ever find jobs.
- $2,150 per month funds the educational expenses for all the children in day care and preschool
- $400 per month provides transportation to and from the public primary and secondary schools
- $325 per month funds the educational expenses of five children
- $65 per month funds the educational costs of one child
Help them grow up to be healthy and strong
100% of your donation goes directly to the fully vetted and tax deductible program of your choice. Our founding corporate partner Discount Waste, Inc. funds all the operational and administrative expenses of All Children, Inc.