Queen of Peace
Naga City, Philippines
Queen of Peace began in 1996 as a halfway house for a few children who were cast away by their families because they were disabled. Today the Compassionate Franciscan Sisters of the Poor serve nearly 70 children in their orphanage, day care and preschool.
TO LEARN MORE PLEASE SEE BELOW
The Compassionate Franciscan Sisters of the Poor felt a calling to help disabled children who were forsaken by their families. Initially they provided discarded children with shelter, nutritious meals and medical care until they could be placed in a stable home.
The number of abandoned children needing help continued to grow and in 2005 the Sisters established Queen of Peace Children’s Home for 30 orphans. Today their orphanage cares for 50 children and is a day care and preschool for children from the surrounding community.
In 2018 they completed a multipurpose center with larger classrooms and a modern learning environment. In addition to the 50 orphans, 18 children from the community attend the day care and preschool where they receive a nutritious meal and snack each day. This allows both parents to work so they can earn enough money to put food on their table enabling their family to stay together.
This is your moment to ignite
Located 230 miles south of Manila, 25% of Naga City’s population live in poverty and 10% live in makeshift homes.
MEDICAL CARE, NUTRITION, EDUCATION AND SHELTER MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE
The Sisters offer a loving home to orphans from three weeks old to 17 years old. With the help of staff and volunteers these children receive:
- Medical and dental care
- Three nutritious meals each day
- An education
- A place to call home
The orphans younger than six years old attend Queen of Peace day care or preschool and learn the essential skills to prepare them for primary and secondary school.
The older children at the orphanage are provided with school supplies, uniforms and transportation to attend public schools. They also serve as mentors to the younger children.
The Sisters legacy of compassion extends into the community where they provide:
- Day care and preschool for 18 children from the surrounding community
- Intervention programs for families in need
- Workshops to improve parenting skills
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO CARE FOR CHILDREN WITH NO FUTURE WITHOUT US
Children living in unsanitary conditions with poor nutrition fall victim to infections and diseases. All the children at Queen of Peace receive physicals, medical care and dental checkups.
- $1,360 per month provides the children with medical and dental care
- $200 per month takes care of 10 children’s health
- $20 per month pays for the medical care of one child
No child should ever wake up to fatigue, pain and hunger.
- $2,800 per month provides nutritious meals and snacks for the children at the orphanage, day care and preschool
- $2,250 per month feeds the orphans three healthy meals and snacks every day
- $550 per month provides one meal and a snack each school day for the 18 children from the surrounding community
Children unable to read or write will find it difficult to ever find jobs.
- $2,150 per month funds the educational expenses for 33 children in day care and preschool
- $400 per month provides transportation to and from the nearby public schools
- $65 per month funds the educational costs of one child in day care or preschool
Help them grow up to be healthy and strong
100% of your donation goes directly to the fully vetted and tax deductible project of your choice. Our founding corporate partner Discount Waste, Inc. funds all the operational expenses for All Children, Inc.